Local social care company, Choice Care, held their 3rd Carers Annual Awards dinner at the Whitehall Hall Hotel in Darwen recently. Staff from Choice Care were joined by some of the people they provide the care for and their relatives to celebrate the work that local carers do every day of the year in all weathers
Managing Director, Andrew Key said ‘It’s been another busy year, our dedicated carers completing enhanced training in Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Dementia, Stokes and more. The Registered Manager, Tracie Scholes, has worked hard behind the scenes supporting the carers and supervisors and has fostered excellent relationships with local and national charities to make sure our staff get the best training and support available. The staff’s dedication and commitment has to be publicly recognized.’
Award categories included long service awards, the longest of which was Barbara Bolton for 15 years. The Care at End of Life award was won by Supervisor Alisha Finn, Best Newcommer being won by Colin Shannon and Special Recognition Awards were presented to Lisa Browning and Michelle Thompson.
New for 2018 was the award for Home Care Team, awarded to Amanda Braughan who heads the ITAR team, a rapid response service helping to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and responds to sudden and unplanned care need. However, the top award of Carer of the Year 2018 was won by Annmarie Archer.
Andrew added ‘Since 2017 when our carer Mini Patel won Carer of the Year at the Great British Care Awards, we have won further awards at regional level and had two members of staff as finalists in this year’s Great British Care Awards. The closing date is approaching for nominations for the national event, and Tracie and I are busy making our submissions for no less than five categories at the Great British Care Awards for our award winners.
- The State of Social Care in Blackburn
- See the results of our carers survey from December 2017
- Article 3 How Do Good Home Care/Domiciliary Companies Monitor Care and Quality?
- Article 2: Getting Ready to Start a Package of Home/Domiciliary Care
- Article 1: How Do I Find a Good Local Home Care/Domiciliary Company?
- Our 3rd Carers Annual Awards
- Press release: Local care company awards its care staff.
- Training Schedule March & April 2018
- Great British Care Awards Finalists 2018
- Upcoming Blackburn Recruitment Events